- Activated Charcoal in powder or capsule form
- Botanical Clay
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Glass bowl
- Brush (for applying mask)
* Wash face with warm water before to open up pores or boil some water for warm water vaper to open up pores.
*Use Glass bowl and wooden spoon for mixing mixture. due to the acid in the vinegar metal bowls and spoons are not suggested.
- Start by cracking open 2 capsules to acquire the charcoal or scoop out about 1 tsp. of charcoal.
- Add 1 tsp. bentonite clay, 1 tsp. water, 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar and start mixing carefully (charcoal can stain so be slow and steady mixing) with the brush incorporating both ingredients.
- Apply mask spreading evenly across face avoiding sensitive areas like the mouth and eyes.
- Leave mask on for 5-10 min or until hard. Wash after with cold water and pat face dry with a clean cloth.
- 1-2 face masks. Much more fun to do and share with others/loved ones.
- Charcoal is an all-natural mineral naturally occurring in Earth. The difference between activated and regular charcoal is activated charcoal is heated with a gas that causes the charcoal to expand. Activated charcoal works great because it chemically binds substances to its surface and is able to adsorb thousands its own weight. Adsorption is the chemical reaction where elements bind to a surface. The porous charcoal has a negative electrical charge that causes positive toxins and gasses to bind to its positive electrical charged surface.
1. Activated Charcoal Removes Impurities from The Skin
Activated charcoal can remove up to 200 time its own dry weight, making this an excellent skin detoxifier. Applying activated charcoal on the skin acts as a sponge adsorbing all the dirt and grime from your pores. After washing your face with activated charcoal you can noticeably see cleaner pores and healtheir face.
2. Activated Charcoal Absorbs Oil
Activated Charcoal absorbs toxins but can also help with oily skin. If you suffer from an oily t-zone, then apply activated charcoal mask frequently and with frequent use your complexion will improve making your skin look fresh and healthy.
3. Activated Charcoal Gives Skin a Youthful Look
Charcoal works like a detox for you skin. By removing the toxins, you can actually improve the health and condition of your skin. Over time and frequent uses your skin will look and feel more youthful.
4. Relieves Bites and Bee Stings
Mixing activated charcoal with a bit of water and flaxseed or cornstarch can help cure bee stings, poison ivy rashes, snake bites, spider bites (including highly poisoning bites from the Brown Recluse or Black Widow), and other poisoning bites.
5. Activated Charcoal Eradicates Black Heads and Acne
If you suffer from black heads or acne activated charcoal may be right for you. This gentle detoxifier cleanses skin of impurities and is gentle on the skin.
6. Activated Charcoal Whitens Teeth
Brushing daily with activated charcoal for a few weeks can whiten teeth. Although like any teeth whitener, overtime the gums may become sensitive and is advised to stop using activated charcoal so frequently to whiten teeth.
7. Activated Charcoal Detoxifies the Body
Taking Activated charcoal can have a detoxifying effect but can also help improve the digestive tract by removing toxins that cause allergic reactions.
8. Activated Charcoal Reduces High Cholesterol
Studies around the world show that activated charcoal reduces bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol as much as some prescription medications.